Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed someone earlier commented on a bmw 1200gt vs a sprint...how about a sprint st vs a r1200s sport bmw bike. Anyone have any opinions on these 2 bikes...one vs the other?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

I've ridden both but spent more time on the K1200S. I think the BM is a fantastic bike with heaps of "real world" power. That is, like most BM's, the power is in a very useful rev range with heaps of torque so in normal road riding, it's extremely quick. Some of the out and out sports bikes would hammer it on the track though.

Handling wise, I found it one of the most confidence inspiring rides once those who haven't ridden BM's much get used to the Paralever/Duolever suspension. It feels different as the bike does not dive in the front in cornering or under brakes but once you learn to trust it, it is incredibly capable.

Couple this with very comfortable ergonomics and it's a real winner. I preferred it to the GT which, whilst quick for a more touring orientated bike, was just a bit too much mass for me. Not huge mind you but enough fairing and extra "bits" around you to notice. I also didn't like the seat on the GT much.

Having said all that, I've just ordered a 2007 Sprint ST. Bottom line is that if you don't want or can't afford to spend the extra, the Sprint ST seems to me to be a nice alternative. I'm taking a bit of a punt as I don't know the Sprint all that well but love the look of it, thought the motor was great and can't think of anything else that meets my needs under AUD$20K. Yes, the VFR is nice but I think the Sprint has its measure now.

My .02c

Cheers

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice write up, tuk. Good luck and many happy miles with that '07!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts