Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Recently had a low side and damaged several parts of the bike, including the radiator which now needs replacing. Does anyone know whether i can use a rad from any other bike as there are very limited offerings on ebay.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
You can use rads from ‘05-‘07 Speed Triples for sure.
And ‘08-‘10 but not 100% sure if those would be a straight fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nicspeed, i just found that bikebandit has the same rad listed for 02 to 07 models. Think i'll have to go for the one on ebay as i need to get the bike running soon.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I just checked BIkeBandit and they’re different part numbers, the ‘07 ends on 716 and the ‘02 ends on 802 and now I’m seeing that the ‘10 ends on 976 so it’s also different.
Differences are most likely bracket slight adjustments, you might be able to accommodate it with some minor surgery, will and ingenuity.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked BIkeBandit and they’re different part numbers, the ‘07 ends on 716 and the ‘02 ends on 802 and now I’m seeing that the ‘10 ends on 976 so it’s also different.
Differences are most likely bracket slight adjustments, you might be able to accommodate it with some minor surgery, will and ingenuity.
Thanks Nicspeed! :highfive

·
Registered
861 Posts
You need a radiator from 2005 to 2010. 2011 they went to a curved core. The 955s prior to 2005 and all other variants will do the job but as Nicspeed says bracketry and indicator and oil cooler mounts all vary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts