Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

bought an 06 back in march and she's running really well. this morning i took her out and didnt give the motor a lot of time to warm up, basically just rode the bike as normal, but stalled out at a stop sign once and at a light about 10 minutes later. im thinking the ecu was still trying to warm the bike up and was running a little rich. seemed fine about 30 mins later. anyone else run into that? also - is it possible to upgrade the ecu in the 06 with a newer one? i know they fixed the start time in the 07 model (mine cranks for at least 3 seconds before starting).

thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bump!

hey everyone,

bought an 06 back in march and she's running really well. this morning i took her out and didnt give the motor a lot of time to warm up, basically just rode the bike as normal, but stalled out at a stop sign once and at a light about 10 minutes later. im thinking the ecu was still trying to warm the bike up and was running a little rich. seemed fine about 30 mins later. anyone else run into that? also - is it possible to upgrade the ecu in the 06 with a newer one? i know they fixed the start time in the 07 model (mine cranks for at least 3 seconds before starting).

thanks!
I'm reopening this for two reasons. One, killcity what outcome did you have with this? Two, today my speedy acted just about the same. Stalled just after starting, and again at a stop about 1/4 mile from my home. No other indications of a problem on the rest of my 18 mile commute. May this be an indication of battery/charging system problems? I will be going over the bike tonight, any opinions welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts