Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to purchase a 2005 Tiger with no luggage. How difficult will it be to find oem bags for this bike?

Thanks,
Mick

·
Registered
336 Posts
Best bike I've every owned, and I've owned many in my 23 years on two wheels. The most versatile *mainly street* motorcycle there is. I personally would wait until one comes up with bags. However, if the one you're looking at is a good deal... you can always go aftermarket and buy GIVI, etc.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hey Mick...
too bad....
this week was the Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In in Ferguson, NC at Riders Roost.
You could have visited and probaly rode a few Tigers.

The Triumph Tiger is like the old Kawasaki Concours. Owners love 'em; Can't get squat when they sell 'em; Then regret they ever did sell it!

Pick your poison:
Super slab; 2 -lane; Canyon Carver; Urban Street Fighter; Dirt Road; hard packed off road and forest trails; ( We had a blast at the WV Tiger ride-In last year riding forest trails ).

TigerTrax

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mick...
too bad....
this week was the Eastern USA Tiger Ride-In in Ferguson, NC at Riders Roost.
You could have visited and probaly rode a few Tigers.

The Triumph Tiger is like the old Kawasaki Concours. Owners love 'em; Can't get squat when they sell 'em; Then regret they ever did sell it!

Pick your poison:
Super slab; 2 -lane; Canyon Carver; Urban Street Fighter; Dirt Road; hard packed off road and forest trails; ( We had a blast at the WV Tiger ride-In last year riding forest trails ).

TigerTrax
Hey TigerTrax I hate I missed that one too. I did get to ride an '08 this weekend and LOVED it. Thought it might be to tall for me at 6' and 31.5 inseam. But was able to get both feet on the ground. Are the 955's hard to come by?

Thanks,
Mick

·
Registered
290 Posts
'05 not hard to find.
Find one with the luggage... it may not have OEM top box... that was NOT part of bike...
a good one goes for $400+.

So grab a Tiger and see us end of August in Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Next week I am headed for P'Cola, FL then over to the Bayou state and ride some back roads.

Mick..come see us at tigertriple.com you may see a bike for sale

·
Registered
10 Posts
This spring I picked up an '05 with factory side bags with only 5,180mi. on it for $5,500. The deals are out there if you watch for them. I scanned Craig's list nationwide for over a year.

·
Registered
336 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts