Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone asked about the master cylinder i put on my bike. I ended up taking pictures this evening and am going to post them here instead of them slipping under the radar via a PM.

I got this MC with the brake calipers. The lines are stock Triumph. The 'Busa ones were too short and they weren't braided. The brake levers are interchangeable, so you can keep your Pazzos if you have them.

I had to make a modification when i added the GenMar risers. There was a tab on the end of the MC that made the line point forward. I needed more slack for when the forks were at full rebound, so removed the tab with a dremel tool.

I left the bolt for the old reservoir on the handlebar. I may use it for a GPS mount later, but it could be a good mounting point for other accessories, too.

Here is the album at Photobucket:
Photobucket

Here's a teaser pic:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Chisel,

I think I'm that someone. Thanks for posting the info and the pics, got a busa mc coming my way, be here soon. I hope it works as well on my Tiger as it does on your bike.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Help a noob out. Is the swap for looks? Performance? Both? Neither? :confused:
I have one of the bikes that had mushy brakes. I could do different things and get them to feel normal, but they'd always end up bad again. What's worse was at times the feeling would change mid ride. If i was riding hard the brakes would get better.

I'd be zooming along with adequate feel, but a fair amount of pull on the lever. Then come up to a corner only to find that the brakes decided to start working. There was little lever action and the bike would dive under the sudden braking upsetting the bike for the corner.

Once the brakes were working normally, i'd then have to watch out for when they stopped working. Sometimes they'd stay good for a while. Other times i'd be going into a corner only to realize that the braking had gone away again.

Having had enough of that, i looked for some Hayabusa calipers. I happened to get the whole front brake system. Triumph had swapped MCs on the newer bikes to address the brake problem, i liked the integrated unit better, and i thought it better to keep the entire braking system together instead of mixing parts, so i fitted it.

The whole swap was done for safety. The looks are a bonus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts