Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I love the velocity stacks, they look (and I bet sound awesome)..

my old chap made a living out of building Brit specials for years and nearly always had a bell-mouth intake on his customers Amal’s

.. I wonder about the wear to the bores, crowns and cyl heads with the ingress of dust etc?
On the other hand in my head I’m already bolting them on... where did you get them and what are your
I love the velocity stacks, they look (and I bet sound awesome)..

my old chap made a living out of building Brit specials for years and nearly always had a bell-mouth intake on his customers Amal’s

.. I wonder about the wear to the bores, crowns and cyl heads with the ingress of dust etc?
On the other hand in my head I’m already bolting them on... where did you get them and what are your jetting settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a love of Norton's and still own mine I brought new when I was 17 years old a 850 Commando and I converted it to a Featherbed frame back in the early 80s I also have a 1960 Manxman that I am building into a Café Racer as its a ex race bike and don't have many original parts, anyway that's a great pic with all them beautiful Nortons and a good workshop.

Ashley

·
Registered
893 Posts
Really like your bike. I'd be interested in the steps and products needed to eliminate the air box for that open look.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi yrunvs,
Hope I can remember and assist. To start I had to relocate the rear brake reservoir lower, so a bracket needed to be welded on the frame. Then a pressure switch Banjo bolt (10mm x 1.25 I think) attached to rear of the master cylinder. Rerouted the rear brake fluid through the swing arm with custom brake lines, then finally removed the air box and installed custom velocity stacks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts