Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow rats!

Long story short... I am currently living in southern California and for the past few years have had some back issues. Frustrating being a younger person but you gotta deal with what you got dealt. My Bonneville has seen some better times and would love to get her back up to her past glories. When I try starting her back up she gets going but seems that her carbs flood (I think they stay a tad bit open even when the throttle isn't open.) I've thought about taking it in to a local shop, RideNow SoCal is the closest, but back when I was fully riding I had a buddy who helped and taught me through basic maintenance. Like I said I'd like to get her to her past glories but I also want to learn. Is there anyone in my region of SoCal (Oceanside/Vista/Carlsbad) that can come by, hangout, teach me some? I can put some meat on the smoker and we can talk bikes!

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
It sounds like the carbs might be gummed up. Rebuilding the carbs is not that difficult. Sourcing the rebuilt kit can be a bit challenging.
HD uses the same carbs. Finding rebuild kits off HD websites would be a lot easier. Sudco will have them too. If you go down this road, remember to remove the TPS sensor from the connection side, not the carb side.

You can also try a fuel cleaner; Seafoam, STA-BIL 360.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts