Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only 2,900 miles on my pampered 955 SE. Always runs flawlessly until today.When I left my house today for a quick run into town I noticed my fuel light was on after only riding 60 miles on my last outing but filled her up anyway,all the way to the brim (did not overfill) at my usual station. Then I took a nice backroad 10 mile hop with a couple of max RPM blasts-all was great until during a few very low speed corners where the motor was below 3000 RPM it started cutting out bigtime and then at 3K took off like a jet. The larger the load and the lower the revs the more it bangs out. I opened the gas cap and the vent seems fine. I rode it hard in case it needed to be cleared out at all RPM but no change. battery is hot and no electrical issues. Above 3K all is well--any ideas?

·
Registered
300 Posts
3k in 4 years?

JEEBAS!

Did you install frame sliders recently?

Same thing happened to me after installing sliders, poked the bolt right through the throttle positioning sensor.

The more I needed the throttle, the more it cut out. Lots of fun in corners.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I also have a BMW RT1150,a Road King TwinCam,a Kaw KLR650 as well as a CB750K2 that all have to be ridden. The Triumph just gets ridden when I'm frisky... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
problem solved

It was moisture on the far left spark plug - bike runs great after replacing plug..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts