Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Thunderbird, 2003 Trophy 1200
496 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm going to say it anyway. If this is a single side swingarm take a look at the chain adjuster in the rear hub. If the axle is in the lower half of the rotation simply loosen it as you would when adjusting the chain and rotate the axle to the upper half of the rotation. You'll lower the rear end by an inch or so. Then go to the forks and slide the tubes up thru the triple clamps an equal amount and you are done, lowered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm going to say it anyway. If this is a single side swingarm take a look at the chain adjuster in the rear hub. If the axle is in the lower half of the rotation simply loosen it as you would when adjusting the chain and rotate the axle to the upper half of the rotation. You'll lower the rear end by an inch or so. Then go to the forks and slide the tubes up thru the triple clamps an equal amount and you are done, lowered.
Ok thank you and yea I knew how to do the forks part by no idea about the rear part

1 - 4 of 4 Posts