Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no handbook for my new to me Sprint so not sure if my lights are correctly operating or not.
Dip beam I get one headlight on and other off, full beam I get other headlight on and other goes off.
Is this correct?

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Correct for UK market, yes, but not as good as it could be. There are instructions out there for adding a second relay to run both lights as was done for US market, but being in the US market myself I've never paid close enough attention to be more than distantly aware of this.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Easy fix mate.
Buy two relays ( I used Narva 68004) and plug them into the empty sockets at under the faring near the rhs fork.
I did this recently after a search on the forum, after a decade of terrible night vision riding, and now have both lights working in low and high beams. Bonza!
I also spent a few bucks and replaced my crap bulbs with a pair of decent phillips x-treme vision bulbs.
Those tin tops see me coming now and get out of the way.
Money well spent.
Cheers, Hadrian.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I too would like BOTH my headlights to work on low and high beam.(2002 Sprint ST) I don't really understand why a manufacturer would give you the capacity for two H4 bulbs to be fitted and not use them to their full potential!
It doesn't make sense! Why do we even have these?

·
Registered
267 Posts
When I bought my 2003 Sprint ST, it had both headlights operating on low and high beam, so am not sure if it came like that to the Australian market or if one of the previous owners have added a relay but it sure does look better and makes you more visible with twin headlights. I put fan forced LED bulbs in mine and they make a world of difference. They're just as bright as the HIDs.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Dave,

I posted a question about that bloody centre parker light (not sure if your bike has one), do you know how I can slot the bulb back in its place and is it possible to do so without removing the head fairing? (sorry to hijack the thread) but it's doing my head in. For the life of me I can't remember how I managed to slot the bloody LED bulb in the centre parker slot but I sure do remember that it wasn't a struggle :) ... Maybe my damn hands got bigger over the years LOL :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I now have two front lights working on full beam and suspect the low beam filament on the right may be blown, but I digress....
While I had the RH fairing panel off to lube the throttle cables (unnecessarily as it turned out!) A relay fell out as I removed the panel!!! I plugged this in to the vacant slot in the relay block behind the front panel (cockpit, as triumph call it,) and, hey Presto, both lights on full beam! The reason it fell out was, as I also discovered, the faring and headlight support frame had come loose and was shaking around, dislodging the relay!
All fixed now though....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts