Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if any of you have read my other posts i had a ton of problems last year with my electrical system. i have cleared that up as far as i know. when i started it up the other day my tach was flipping out going in between 5-8 thousand rpm while at idle. as i started down the road i saw that i had no speedometer or odometer. the gas guage and temp seem to be working fine. i know there are a ton of things that this could be i am just looking for the general direction to start in. when i was coming to a stop i was stalling but i think that might have to do with the stepper motor. i am kinda at the end of my rope with this bike but it is nice and i have alot of fun on it when it is running right. it is a 2003 st 955 with just under 30k k&n filter and i think the off road exhaust. if anyone has any ideas that would be great and thanks to all in advance.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
Sounds like your battery is on the way out . Very typical symptoms of this model.

Sorry to hear that you are still having issues. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought a new batter when i replaced the R/R and stator last year. i believe the battery is fine i am gonna try a couple things this wee3kend and if that doesn't work i guess i will bring it to the dealer. which sucks because that is about a hund\red miles away. what a pain. anybody wanna buy it from me for what i owe on it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i fixed the speedo problem. just a dumb mistake on my part. started her up and sounded so good. i am still gonna take her to the dealer so they can see what is programmed in it because there are still some issues. and some great news i just sent in the last payment for the SPEEDMASTER. it is mine free and clear baby. woohoo. now i just have to pay this one off and on to the thunderbird. thanks all..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts