Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. Tipped over my 02 Tbird and broke off the front, right turn signal at the threads. Signal still works, just really need stem and housing. Anyone parting out a bike? I'm in San Diego CA.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I don't think there's a member on here who hasn't experience this!

I was able to find a wierd washer in a gutter in Las Vegas that I was able to fix it with. Its odd clearly and creatively you can think when drunk.

Have you tried e-bay. There are a few sellers parting out some bikes that will work.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I used JB Weld long enough for it to pass inspection, meanwhile ordering a new one from Triumph. I don't recall it being expensive, although I also don't recall what I had for dinner tonight, either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. BikeBandit.com lists it for $50 or so....but if anyone is parting out a thunderbird......

Right now my main concern is getting the new starter in and being able to ride again, but JB Weld is a fantastic idea. That stuff is awesome!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys-

Thanks for all the input.

Yeah, those signals look cool (the brushed aluminum look would probably go good with some of my flaking chrome!...bought it used, to use, so the deal was worth some less than perfect chrome....ha!)

I just don't know if they would fit now; since the photo, I bought a used summer windscreen, and it doesn't look like the stems would extend far enough out....they look too short.

GrvThang & cafetibird: you wouldn't have an idea on the stem length, would ya? The original measures just a hair over 3 inches.

Thanks.

And no luck on ebay so far.....darn it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't know the stem either - I just happened to come across then the other day looking for shorter-stalk (and smaller) alternatives to stock.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions and everything. One member sent me a message and said they had one maybe, so we'll see how that goes. Also checking into the ebay auction.....I'm in San Diego, and it's location is San Diego, so trying to see if the seller is willing to end the listing and just let me pick it up. We'll see.

But more importantly, the starter took a dump a few weeks back, and I finally was able to get the new one installed today. Seems to have fixed it.....just waiting to see if any coolant leaks develop.

Anyway, thanks again......and by all means, if anyone has a line on any more possible signals, let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

1 - 11 of 11 Posts