Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm helping out my buddy who has a 02 T-bird which means I have an 02 T-bird to maintain... I ride an 07 America.

Anyway, the bird ran fine when put away in Nov and was started last in late January with no problems. Now it cranks but no spark...

Haven't made it to his place yet to start going over it with my meter (Did pull a plug to confirm no spark) but I'd thought id ask here first for the likely culprits.

Will this bike crank with a bad sidestand switch? Does the sidestand switch just interrupt the spark? Haven't found a schematic online for it yet.

Would appreciate any direction, thanks.

Jack

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes, sidestand switch will just disable spark. Do a search for sidestand in this forum. I think it was ArferBrick that just posted a starting circuit wiring diagram just day or two ago but I can't locate the exact post.

- Jay

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Awesome! Thanks for confirming my suspicion on the sidestand (my America won't even turn over if the sidestand says "no") and for the schematic. Really appreciate the help. Another buddy is looking for a Bonnie so it looks like I'm going to have three Triumphs to keep on the road...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts