Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I want to replace my top nut with a nut that isn't capped. I have called my local triumph dealer about 5 times and left a voicemail each time in the last three weeks. I have searched the forum and haven't been able to find anything either. I have also pm'd SpiritZeroThree. Does anyone have any suggestions :Anyone

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by 'one that isn't capped' but if you want an easier nut to handle than the pin wrench type get a hex one off a very late 955i or a 1050 S3.
BTW an adjustable angle grinder pin wrench works fine in the pin hole type.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by 'one that isn't capped' but if you want an easier nut to handle than the pin wrench type get a hex one off a very late 955i or a 1050 S3.
Terry I think what he is looking to do is to replace the capped chromed nut on the top of the steering stem with a conventional nut with a whole through the middle to allow a steering stem mounted ram ball. I'd be interested in the answer to that conundrum as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s exactly what I am trying to do. I have scoured the interwebs and asked my local dealer but no luck!

Terry I think what he is looking to do is to replace the capped chromed nut on the top of the steering stem with a conventional nut with a whole through the middle to allow a steering stem mounted ram ball. I'd be interested in the answer to that conundrum as well.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Super easy. Take the nut off the bike and go to Lowe's/Home Depot/Ace Hardware and go to the nuts and bolts aisle.There is a thingy on the wall to check size and thread pitch with. Then just find the nut you need in one of the bins.

Tried to find the sizes for you but couldn't find them. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts