Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread or can any one tell me how many 2002 DSSA 955's were made? I read that approximately 90 were made pre fire and ? # made after.:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
BJ, That'll be hard to put a finger on without help from Hinkley. The sequence number in the VIN includes all models, so basically that info is useless.

Going with info from Bike Bandit and the s/n on the '02 DSSA here it looks like production started 06/01, perhaps earlier. This may also include those '02 models sold as '01s (often referred to as '01NS...new style) in the European market.

Brad

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Brad. I managed to put a hole in my fairing getting STUPID and the thought just popped into my head while searching for a replacement. Seeing how it was the only year with the DSSA I guess curriosity has gotten the better of me. Going to the Space City Fest next month?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Figured I would raise this from the dead to add 1 fact for posterity sake.

My 02 was built in 05/01.

Triumph sold just under 6000 motorcycles in the US that year. There I think 11 models that year, so even if you break it down evenly the Tona would be @ or around 545 sold or so.

DSSA 955i may actually be "the" most rare breed of D955i, with the CE as 2nd most rare:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts