Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Western NY. Hope this hasn't been covered somewhere already, but does anyone know if I can replace the speedometer from my 2002 Bonneville with one from a 2007? Can I just swap out the whole speedo with instrument panel or can I remove the gauge from the 2007 model year and switch it for my 2002. Thanks!!!

·
30,533 Posts
That should be a straight swap, either way you mention should work. I am not aware of any differences between the 2002 and 2007 versions in that area.

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Prop, what you say makes perfect sense. I recently replaced my speedo cable and while the replacement cable is slightly different to the older OEM cable, it screws right in. So unless I'm misunderstanding the question, If you're replacing the speedo, it's connecting either to the existing speedo cable at the top, or at the wheel with a replacement cable + speedo. Either way should not make any difference IMO and should screw right in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts