Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi and my new ride, a 2002 Daytona 995i CE, QUIT while I was riding it down the road and now will not start... It made a slight burble from the engine while I was stopping for a stop sign, then died, and will not start...Motor turns over quickly but never hits \ fires on any cylinder...

I should add that I see no issue with turning the key to the on position as all the panel lights light as expected and I can hear the fuel pump turn on and stop as expected...

No clue on where to start unless help comes from the forum and posting..

Thanks for any help anyone can provide...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you located the fuse box under the seat? Re-seat the relays while you are at it. Is the yellow check engine light on when you power up?
...j

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes..Fuses are OK and I swapped the 4-5 relays around that are the same under the left rear panel and no help...

By swapped, I mean I pulled one relay out and replaced it with one of the same part number from a different circuit on the bike...there are four or five here that have the same part number...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Delay that last comment about the yellow engine light...I do see a small yellow light to the right side of the display that has a small funny looking ICON there so I thing this light is OK also...

I was reading on another thread where this engine light NOT showing is a indicator of the ECU being out? IN this case, the light is on..

After relays and fuses, what is next? Removing tank and checking spark or fuel at the plug level? If so, what is the issue with getting tank off and not having fuel go everywhere when I release the 2 fuel lines going into the small silver tank attached to the bottom of the fuel tank?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help here J and I have the bike running again now...I think it was a relay that I had stated I checked...

I'm thinking now that when I did the initial troubleshooting on the relays, the battery was too low to spin the motor quick enough start up. So any fix here could have been hidden by the low battery...We drained the battery some checking fuses and other things when the bike first stopped.

I had the battery charged over night and today, before troubleshooting any farther, I was going through the process of checking the relays and
the bike started! It was either this or another issue that will re-appear later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts