Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, I was riding my tt600 and all was good. About 4 miles from my destination I noticed the engine management light come on. I immediately slowed down but couldn't detect any issues. The bike sounded and felt fine. Once I arrived, I let the bike idle which it did with no problems. Everything apart from the illuminated engine management light was fine. I turned the bike off and went in to a friends house. Less than 30 minutes later, I came out, put the key in the ignition to start it, and............ Nothing, it was completely dead :confused: No instrument lights, no electrics whatsoever! Only the bloody data tool alarm would work. I had the bike recovered to my house where it has stayed ever since. Has any one had a similar problem or know what could be causing this issue? The bike has a full service history and is in show room condition. Also has anyone got a copy of the complete wiring diagram for the bike they could email me? I can't seem to source one. I'm really struggling here and appreciate any help or advice given:)

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Welcome! Sorry to hear of the bike's problems. Check the simple things first: battery, leads, kill switch, kickstand switch, etc. Also, you may want to ask in the SuperSports forum under the Sport and Touring section. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your battery could have shorted, Clean your terminals and try again...repost here if that is not the problem id love to go through possibles with you. Ive had my tt600 apart and down to the frame for the last 4 months and just buttoned her up tn so im ready to jump back in one! haha
goodluck with it!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys, thanks for the advice. I will go and check these things now and let you know how I get on. sooooo frustrating when bikes go bad :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts