Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the stock jet size for 1200 trophy 2001 with mikuni carbs. Bike runs well but rich. I bought it second hand and possibly has been jetted up too much. I hope to get an idea what stock sizes are to compare with what's in there now. Bike runs good but fuel range is low for a 6.6 gal tank, and all plugs are black.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't have my notes with me, but I think they are 117.5 for cyl 1 &4, and 110 for cyl 2 & 3. Also, check the needles, they are different too. SE-77 for cyl 1 &4, and SE-60 for cyl 2 & 3(the #'s are stamped on the sides of the needles). Unless it's a Cali model, then the jets are 110 & 105(I think). Oh, and If I remember right. The needle clips are at 4th slot down from the top on 1&4, and 3rd down from the top on 2&3. Float height is the same for all four. Set all to baseline and turn the idle screws out about 2.5 turns from lightly seated. Sync the carbs. Also, make sure the air filter isn't over-oiled. Someone else chime in if I missed something.
Hope this helps,
Happy trails,
Erv

·
Registered
464 Posts
If the bike has a bunch of miles on it,the carbs can wear and make it run rich. The slides and slide guides wear which wears the mixture nozzle the needle rides in,not real likely but a possibility.
Would need to have 40,000 miles at least for this to happen to much degree. I replaced all the little o-rings in the carbs on mine when I first got the bike,they get hard and can affect the way the bike runs,wasnt hard to do.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just got my carbs redone(o-rings & sync). All four carbs should have 117.5 mains all 4 needls set at the 4th groove from the top. Sorry for the bad info in myfirst post....That's what I get for relying on my memory.
Happy trails,
Erv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts