Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentlemen,

I am a new, have a problem and I am hopeful you will help me. I have a 2001 Sprint RS and bought a used but nice TOR (triumph off road) muffler from craigslist. The problem is, I believe, the bracket and mounting point (of the muffler itself) are setup for an ST rather than an RS and there is no way that I can get them to line up with the mounting point on the right (rear) foot peg unit. I assume lots of TOR’s have been mounted on RS’s but I am having no luck, especially from Triumph dealers, in finding any kind of direction or parts. It is also obvious, with the muffler I have, that I will need a “link pipe” (extension) to connect my TOR to the end of the header (about 3”). What is it that I just don’t understand, short of going to qualified muffler shop and having custom stainless steel link pipe and custom brackets made? I would sincerely appreciate anyone with experience in this matter to share it with me. Thanks in advance. Jack

1 - 1 of 1 Posts