Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just newly purchased a daytona 955i and i absolutely love it! However, I see that changing out the exhaust to an aftermarket one is fairly scarce out there haha. So, I was snooping around and noticed that someone's selling their TOR high mount carbon exhaust from a 2000 S3 and it looks like it would fit but I remembered ppl here saying something about the exhaust going into the header pipe or over the header pipe or something, so can someone tell me if it'll work or not?

Also, I know that when you get a new exhaust, you should get a your map re-tuned, does anyone know how much that normally is?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
22,109 Posts
97-01 S3 & Daytona are identical compatability.

You should get ther after-market tune uploaded by your dealer - depending on your relationship & how much business you do with them, some will do it free.
$50 seems a typical number though - much more than that is gouging. It is literally, remove seat, plug it into the Triumph Gameboy, tool and upload the new coding. 15 mins tops.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow, awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

I just called my dealer, they said its CA law now that they can't re-map the ecu for you anymore. Apparently since Jan 2008. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts