Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry, guys- I don't meet the classified requirements, but I've been on here since 2008 and only have 19 posts. I need to get rid of this bike in a hurry since I'm moving. (Admins, have mercy on me.) Location: Washington, DC

13,500 miles, excellent condition. I am the second owner, the bike is adult-owned and garage kept, with clean title and all maintenance records available.

The bike needs a new ignitor and is not running at the moment, hence the price. (I'd order the sparker TCIP 4 but don't have time.) Otherwise, it's sound, and I have an independent mechanic who will attest. 885 speed triple engine, plenty of pull, nice mid-weight cruiser. This is a good bike; unfortunately I also have to move and can't take it with me.

Bike has Keihin CVK carbs with K&N pod filters, all clean. New starter last season, also has new plugs, brand new front brake pads, clean oil, and a new throttle cable. Will probably need a new battery next season- these bikes like a lot of starting juice, as well as tires in the near future.

Cosmetically, there's a scratch on the right side of the crankcase where the bike was put over three years ago- while parked, not at speed. Aftermarket pipes-from the previous owner- have a nice but not obnoxious growl that is useful in DC traffic. See pictures.

As mentioned, I can't take it with me, but would like to see it go to a good home. Price is $2700, well below Blue Book, serious inquiries only please. I'll throw in some old saddle bags and a Guardian cover, good condition, to boot, and also include an an original Triumph manual, which has served me well. 202.281.0308 or PM me. Ask for Matt. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Best of luck - this is a nice bike for so little money, I can't imagine it would last the week.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 2 of 2 Posts