Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 tt600 I went on a 4 hour ride last Sunday bike was fine didn't ride it Monday and then Tuesday rode it to work once avian rode perfect then that night I started my bike I always let it sit and warm up befor I take off so when I go to leave it dies on me then took it 3-5 times to get it started avian after I got it started it was island very rough and Rpms were very low then when I would give it throttle it would die or hesitate extremely slow. So I managded to get it home. I changed sparkplugs and wires and put it back together. That fixed the ideling problem but still hesitates or dies when I give it throttle. I took it apart agian, gave her a good clean up injectors, air filter, stuff like that. That helped little more it idles fine and can give it throttle without it shutting off but still hesitates a little.anybody got some ideas why it still hesitates?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and replaced a couple of them because the were dry rotted and cracked. Been doing some more research I'm starting to think it needs to be remapped or replace the idle air control valve. Thanks will let me know if u can think of anything els.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Hesitates or dies.... On my Suzuki that is one of two things. The O-ring sealing the main jet from the float bowl is cracked (so probably not this in your case), or gas is not getting to the cylinder. When you twist the throttle you are telling the TB's to open as well as the gas to spray in. Not enough gas means slow death. You say it idles fine, so probably not a vacuum leak because that is what my vacuum leaks affected. You say it hesitates... how much? A disappointing throttle response compared to fly-by-wire or it bogs down bad? Try leaving the fuel cap open when you start it. Is it hesitating in neutral, or is it when you are starting off and letting out the clutch lever?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Max thanks! It bogs down then catches up to where it's sopposed to be. I've heard the tt's have always had problems in low revs (1500-6k) if I'm easy on the throttle then gun it it's fine just when I get on it from the start is when it has problems. I havent got to test ride it yet cause been super busy with work, kids ect. But I'm curious is if it's back to normal and I don't know it. And I have been reving it little harder then I normally would in neutral. It's my first bike so I'm getting used to it and been babying it. I'm try to get it out for a ride in the next day or two. Thanks again.I'll let u know how it rides

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak. As Will had said in another thread, symptoms including feeling like a two stroke. Pull the tank and look at all the "ribbed" hoses very closely to see if any of them are cracked. I took some off and blew some compressed air through one end whilst plugging the other, and found some to be leaking that weren't immediately visible. The low end problem vacuum leaks cause are much worse than the low rpm dead spot that is from emissions friendly tuning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys. I looked over the lines agian and found another cracked one replaced it and took it for a ride. Now it's like brand new. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
8,772 Posts
Good news. If that didn't work, then it's time to look for leaks on the IACV body. That was a common problem early on, and I expect to start seeing it crop up again as the fixes we all did age. Good news that your problem is solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts