Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my T-Bird Sport for about 6 months now. When i bought it it had about 15,000 miles adn still had the original rubber on it. After my buddy dropped it he replace the front tire w/ a Michilin Pilot but the back still looks pretty good so we left it. Anyway, over the last 2 weeks I've had a couple of close calls and almost ate it because my back tire is sliding all over the place. I've tried to find a 160/70 match but haven't had any luck. My dealer suggested to us a 160/60, but i'm not sure if that's going to affect the ride. Does anyone have a thought on that or what would be a good matching set to go with?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i really like the metzler z6 roadtec's i put on my bike. on my stock rear rim i managed to get a 170/60 on and i don't see any decrease in performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I think I'm going to go with the Michelin Pilot Power w/ a 170/60 rear. I've already got a Pilot on the front and from what I've been hearing is that they are a pretty ***** good tire. Anyway, Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You could easily do Pilot Roads on the TBS unless you ride really hard, then Powers will be an ace choice. Go for the Pilot Power CTs for extra life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts