Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks Like Fred has you on the right track. If you have 12 volts on both sides of the starter solenoid coil then you are missing a ground when you press the start button. Fred has you going in that direction. My 02 Sprint had a similar problem years ago but it ended up being the alarm accessory connector, I didn’t get the jumper side locked in place and it backed off. Stick with Fred, he’ll get you there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been following this thread with some curiosity (I referred the OP to the RAT via a Reddit post I saw), so I'm just wondering...why can't I see the (images? diagrams?) that fredsprint is posting? All I get are the little blue squares with a question mark inside...it seems like everyone else can see them but I can't.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've been following this thread with some curiosity (I referred the OP to the RAT via a Reddit post I saw), so I'm just wondering...why can't I see the (images? diagrams?) that fredsprint is posting? All I get are the little blue squares with a question mark inside...it seems like everyone else can see them but I can't.
Are you behind a proxy?

Those pictures are on a google drive. If your proxy is filtering that, you won't see them.

Fred

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
LOL I don't even know what that means...I'm old.
:grin2:
That means you don't have a direct access to internet. Instead your traffic is going through a machine the may filter the content. It's mainly the case in corporate networks.
The main reason is that when you are in a corporate networks, the IP address of your PC pertains to a vlan (virtual local area network) that is not known by the global internet. So for your traffic to emerge onto the global internet your address (source address) has to be changed into the company internet access point which address is known by the global internet.
It's a bit like nat (network address translation) except that the proxy configuration is a navigator configuration on your PC while the nat is configured inside your global PC network configuration through the "gateway" parameter and in the internet access point (you adsl box for instance).

Well, the second reason for you company to use a proxy is filtering the accessible content...

Fred

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't believe I'm behind a proxy. I'm connected to the internet through a Verizon device, that's feeding an Apple Airport Extreme, and I don't have any filters or anything set. It's strange only because I don't usually have any trouble viewing anything. The only other time/s I've seen the little blue question-mark box (to the best of my recollection) is when I'm looking at an old thread where someone posted a photo using Photobucket or something, and they're no longer using that service.

anyway, I apologize for derailing the thread...I'd like to see Jcaldwell get his damn bike started!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Anyway either your firewall (antivirus to some extend) or your wifi stuff or your even your navigator (plugin ...) are blocking google drive contents.
I just checked w/ another PC (that never connected to google account) and I see them.

Fred

·
Registered
187 Posts
so...did the OP ever get his bike running? I feel somewhat responsible as I'm the one who directed him to this forum...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts