Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought mine from Amazon.ca @ $30.00cdn, I'm sure they are close to that in the US, I've also seen them on E-Bay but they were a few $$$ more, I should add this was for the clymer :)

[ This message was edited by: Suncoast on 2006-12-08 11:35 ]

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is the 'GENUINE' article, not the COPIED versions someone is selling as 'Service Manual-paper' I think it's pretty shameful for someone to copy material that is Copyrighted and sell it for a business!

Lowlife
I do hope you're not refering to me with that tripe?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all, I agree no copies for me (New owner - That has got to be bad karma) as to a reply on the other post Shhhhh...
I've been eyeing that one
Thanks to all from a proud new (used) triumph owner

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I do hope you're not refering to me with that tripe?
I didn't know you even sold repair manuals. After seeing your site you are certainly NOT who I was refering to! But you already knew that! Your site lists the ACTUAL manuals you sell from the original producer and that is what you get. No the business I was referring to takes a real shop manual and scans it binds it and then sells the copy. Thats a BIG difference. Must be some kind of loophole where this is permissible, but it just seems wrong. I doubt he has reprint rights from all the manufactures. Actual excerpt from his description........

No need to buy anything else. Buy this manual to REALLY KNOW YOUR MOTORCYCLE!! This service manual is an exact replica of the factory OEM type service manual. Exact in every aspect! Nothing is omitted or overlooked. With this factory spec OEM quality service manual you will have the material knowledge required to work on your vehicle. No longer will you have to work blindly, make educated guesses or work on the advice of others. The Factory Service Manual has all the answers. The factory, dealer technicians and pro racers consult the Factory Spec service manual… so should you if you want the job done properly the first time. DO NOT BUY other non factory junk.... it's useless! Beware the CD version, it only covers general concepts shared with OTHER VEHICLES. Beware of the CD version of the NON FACTORY service manual... garbage! Besides, you will strain your eyes trying to read the computer screen.

I really like how he bashes the guys doing the same thing he is doing only on a CD!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I'm glad we got that sorted out. I most certainly don't sell manuals nor do I have a site. Did google my sig though, that was interesting - none of those would be me.

stay upright.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Not to drag this on, but if you don't sell manuals or have a site that does, how the hell did you get the idea I was referring to you in the earlier post? And as anyone can see it's not tripe, he is clearly selling the work of others for profit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
erm.... ahhhh ..... a case of HIA on my part and misinterpreting the sequential posts -- :-/

"how the hell did you get the idea I was referring to you in the earlier post?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts