Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

I have a 2000 Speed Triple, and I have a speedometer problem. I searched, but I didn't find a problem exactly like mine. Up at the top of the cable (where the cable enters the speedo cluster), there is a "collet" that hold the cable into the speedo cluster. The collet basically broke in half causing the sleeve to slide down and rendering the speedo/triptometer inoperable.

Is there a place to get a replacement collet? Will replacing the collet fix the speedo/tripto?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hello-

I have a 2000 Speed Triple, and I have a speedometer problem. I searched, but I didn't find a problem exactly like mine. Up at the top of the cable (where the cable enters the speedo cluster), there is a "collet" that hold the cable into the speedo cluster. The collet basically broke in half causing the sleeve to slide down and rendering the speedo/triptometer inoperable.

Is there a place to get a replacement collet? Will replacing the collet fix the speedo/tripto?

Thanks in advance
Looks like it's listed on the bikebandit blow-up as 25 and 26.
http://www.bikebandit.com/triumph-motorcycle-speed-triple-2001/o/m17577

So you shouldn't need a new speedo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I took another look, and it looks like the screw part actually broke off the speedometer. So it looks like I have a new speedo in my future.

I think I'll probably try to pull the speedo and use some metal epoxy to see if that works first. I'd rather not spend $300 on a new speedometer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts