Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I had to try it once. Ok so maybe I did two more times just to confirm my findings. I had to see where the Daytona would top out. Red line starts at 10500 . So I took it to 10 which showed me a speed of around 220km per hour + or - 5 kmph. But it felt like there was so much more, another 500rpm and it really felt like it was pulling harder. I took it to 11000 which gave me a top speed just shy of 240. I never hit the Rev limiter Do these figures seem accurate? It sure felt like it was being held back. The bike felt completely stable and felt like it just begging for more.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course all testing was performed on a closed course . No animals were harmed before during or after testing . :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
PR, Triumph doesn't have a very generous overrun at redline so your tach may be reading a bit low (not sure with my '98, but the '04 is reading ~ 100 RPM low at idle when compared with a dealer tool).

Speedo accuracy is always questionable, but I think the important part is what RPM is indicated when the rev limiter kicks in. Run it to the rev limiter in second gear to get a reading...this could be risky so do it only if you feel comfortable spooling it up tightly.

Brad

·
Registered
68 Posts
My 2001 Daytona runs the rev counter all the way out and the fuel pump cuts @ 10500 (as far as i remember) - the speedo say 280... - Wolf underseat and tuned on a dyno

JOhn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts