Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay - not going across the country from New York, but had a really nice Scrambler ride today, across a mountain pass, through a neat old town, and up to the edges of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness here in Washington. A perfect way to use the Scrambler on a summer afternoon!

Headed from my home town of Wenatchee Washington to Roslyn, about 70 miles away. Included in those 70 miles is a wonderful mountain pass that I got to ride TWICE today! Roslyn is an old coal-mining town, and the place where the TV series Northern Exposure was filmed:

Roslyn Cafe:

The Brick:

A monument to the miners killed:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Headed out of Roslyn to Cle Elum Lake:

Soon the pavement ends, and I'm relying on the Scrambler's high tech navigation and instrument package!

The Cle Elum River:

And finally after miles of gravel road, bumpy rocks, abrupt dips and one surprisingly deep water crossing, The Scram took me to Lake Tucquala and near Cathedral Rock. We were right on the edge of the Alpine Lakes Wilderness area. Beautiful country!

What a great way to spend a summer afternoon. Loved the trip back over the mountain pass. Met a guy on a brand new BMW 1200, beautiful bike!

Regards, Guy

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,799 Posts
Great pictures, Guy! Why cross the country when you live in that? Besides you'd have to cross the great plains...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
The photos taken on your winter trips always look a little forboding to me. The scenery looks stunning bathed in summer sunshine! Great stuff!

DaveB.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! My wife thinks I'm nuts for riding when there's snow on the ground... She's probably right... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts