Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if this would be reasonably posible with the 1050 engine. If so what would it really entail or is anyone getting close to that now?

G

·
Buy a CBR1000rr with a Superstock build and turn it into a naked bike w/ Protapers and an Acerbis headlight.. that's what I did. 196hp... close. Nowhere near as beautiful as a 1050 though, but it goes like stink.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't know why you would want that much HP, but probably would need a turbo/nitrous/supercharger set up. Or, it would be cheaper and more reasonable to just buy a zx14 and be done with it. I had a zx10r that put down 160hp at the rear wheel and it put your eyeballs into the back of your head. In all honesty, that is really to much for the street, but, if that is what your into, go for it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i am really just interested to see how much this engine would be able to put out without having to rebuild the ***** thing every week

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sure 200 BHP is possible, but would it live? I doubt it. I'm also sure that 150 BHP is possible with some serious work and it would live. I believe Devi is already pushing the 140 BHP (rear wheel) without any head work yet.

Read everything on this forum: Click here.

Nitrous alone may push you up to 160 BHP or so, but I doubt it would be very ridable. I also seem to remember a turbo 1050 that had a claimed 175 at the rear wheel. Again, this would indicate that 200 is possible, but would it live?

With the mods that I've done so far I'm really hoping for 125-130 rear wheel and I think I may be close. Much more than that is probably silly for a daily rider. I'm waiting to see how Devi does with the head machining and the cams though. 160 naturally aspirated would be fantastic. If anyone can do it, he can.

·
Registered
438 Posts
My guess is that it would handle 200hp with a turbo. That would take something like 0.7-0.8bar boost. Lowering compression is highly advisable. 200hp is pretty much entry level turbocharging with a liter class engine. Rotrex supercharger is another option.

[ This message was edited by: HarriS on 2007-01-13 00:57 ]

·
Registered
293 Posts
+1 on lowering compression for that much boost. Rings, gaskets and the like don't always take kindly to that much pressure.

I say go for it if that's what you want, not my cup o' tea though, I am enjoying it stock, can't wait for some exhaust and tuneboy mods!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts