Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just passed the 20,000 mile mark this morning. I bought my 2007 Bonnie in december ,07 and apart from a forced hiatus for 3 months when we both hit the tarmac(thank you mr hit and run) I ride nearly every day. I know this is only a milestone for me but I thought I would relate the fact to you all that I have had 20,000 smiles.

wishing you all many safe (s)miles
Steve

·
30,517 Posts
It's a good milestone - nothing wrong with that, definitely an achievement. Good on yer.

Sorry to hear about your unwanted rider / bike / ground interface - hope you and the bike are OK now. Keep going, and get to 30K milestone....and then keep going again! :D

Essex boy eh? Where from?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am ok now thanks, lost another tooth but that doesn't matter because I am English and we are allowed to have missing teeth LOL . I was born In Acton, London then we moved to Southend. I have lived all over that part of Essex. I used to go to Chelmsford to the Market there and a club from time to time Dukes i think it was called
Steve

·
30,517 Posts
Yes indeed! They can surgically implant teeth now you know - something to think about. I had two done - but never mind that.

I remember Dukes - that's too funny. It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.

I used to go out to Southend now and again, there were some good rides out that way, as well as Clacton / Frinton and the like. Burnham on Crouch was one of my favourites - loved walking around there with some fish and chips. Brilliant.

Well - I've taken us way off topic! :D

It's good hearing about people putting lots of miles on their bikes - has anyone else put a pile of miles on a Hinckley twin? I'm up to just shy of 12K right now, so will add plenty more this year.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Ahh yes, 20 thou is a goodly amount! Been busy, huh? Have had my '07 a year this month [leftover] and soon will click over 14 thousand. By season's end...who knows? More miles that it's got now, that's for sure. :)
My wife complains a bit about how often I ride this new Bonneville. "You never rode your old ones this much!"
Yeah...I didn't; the spirit was willing but the flesh was weak - especially my butt flesh, LOL.

·
Registered
10,845 Posts
Southend

My mother was from Southend. One day I'll go visit there, just so I can say I saw the place.

·
30,517 Posts
That would be a good trip to do. I have a lot of happy memories from there, just goofing around.

·
Registered
120 Posts
And here I was proud with 200 mi in 3 days of riding. :D

Congrats. By the way a lot of people talk, that twin is just now broken in.

I hope to be right up there with you in the next few years.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
And here I was proud with 200 mi in 3 days of riding. :D

Congrats. By the way a lot of people talk, that twin is just now broken in.

I hope to be right up there with you in the next few years.
You gotta start taking the long way!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts