Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my heart set on the Tec pipes, but I can't decide between the 2 into 2 vs 2 into 1 setup. Other than weight is there any significant difference?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I fitted TEC 2-1 (short tracker) just 2 days ago. I think it's just personal preference. I prefer the 2-1 look rather than running pipes down both sides...on another day building a different style of bike I'd maybe go 2-2 but here and now I'd go with what your heart wants

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I went with the 2:1 shorty Zard exhaust and I love it. With the exhaust the air box removed and the PCV the Dynoed report showed 68 hp at the wheel. Not sure what I would have got with the 2:2 but stock hp at the crank is claimed to be 68 hp. This is on my 2014 T-100

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
How do you like it to sound? A 2 into 1 sounds less like a traditional twin than the 2 into 2. Kinda like stereo vs. mono...

Aesthetically, the 2 into 1 looks better to my eye. If seeing the swingarm bugs you, then get an alloy number and show it off!!

Cheers,

--Rich

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went through the same thing when I got my arrows. As attractive as the weight reduction of the 2-1 was to me, I ended up going with the 2-2. I prefer the look of it, and the sound as well.

What sold me was my local dealer had a used Bonnie with a 2-1 installed so I got to hear that first before I bought it

·
Registered
212 Posts
My view on the subject is that on a motorcycle there properly should be one exhaust pipe per cylinder. I have not always been able to adhere to this philosophy but I feel better when I do. So two for a Bonneville:funbags

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the same thoughts before I got my TEC system. I went with the 2-1 as the weight savings is significant and I prefer relative performance increase with the lower weight. In the end I decided that the 2-1 would perform 'feel' / 'perform' better when riding so that won out over looking good in the parking lot :)

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I have my heart set on the Tec pipes, but I can't decide between the 2 into 2 vs 2 into 1 setup. Other than weight is there any significant difference?
Normally a fan of symmetry, I'd suggest a 2-1 only because you're specifically wanting TEC. Their 2-2 has that butt-ugly kink for the optional centerstand which you may or may not even have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 2 into 2 Arrow ezhaust and without the baffles they are amazing and give me a definite boost in HP. I have a photo in my Bonnie album

·
Registered
498 Posts
more is less!!

thinking of changing exhaust and 2->1 is the way to go for me, why have two cans when one is as good (or better some would argue)?

it's not symmetrical anyway with disc on one side and chain on the other.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I love my 2>2 TEC Sprint exhaust, both the looks and the sound - and everyone that's seen and heard it around Nashville agrees. About a month ago I got chased down by an older guy on a 2005 Suzuki that heard me go by and recognized the Triumph from the sound alone. It's the classic Triumph sound and heritage, man - I wouldn't mess that up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I love my 2>2 TEC Sprint exhaust, both the looks and the sound - and everyone that's seen and heard it around Nashville agrees. About a month ago I got chased down by an older guy on a 2005 Suzuki that heard me go by and recognized the Triumph from the sound alone. It's the classic Triumph sound and heritage, man - I wouldn't mess that up.
This convinced me to order the Sprints. Now to wait. Did you pull or modify the baffles or just leave them in?

Also, now what? I'm planning to get the air injection removal kit and upload the arrow 2-2 TuneECU. Do I need to get the O2 removal kit as well or will I be okay without?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts