Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the first pics I've taken of my bike. I know a lot of you don't like the 68 collection but I think the tank cover looks sharp. Bike is stock with only Ai Kit and centerstand.

Hope pics work ! -George

·
Registered
338 Posts
what is the tank cover made of? is it rigid like hard plastic, or flexy like a mylar sheet?
Hey Sweatmachine,

It's a hard plastic shell. I've considered putting one on to cover the two dings on my tank. I just can't decide if it's worth it as the only style I really like is the one that George has on his bike and I'm not sure it will look good on an all black bonnie. I could get the thing painted, but I'm not sure if that's a wise way to go given the shell costs $180 and I imagine that it will cost at least that much to paint it. It may just be cheaper to buy a used tank that doesn't have any dings. Decisions, decisions.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi, thats one nice looking bonnie, it looks perfect in silver with that tank cover, nice one.... :gpst:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I know a lot of you don't like the 68 collection
Hey George,

I'm not entirely fond of much of the 68 stuff, but I think that your tank looks great with the cover. As I mentioned to Sweatmachine above, I've considered getting the exact same shell to cover the dings in my tank. I'm just not sure it would look good on my all black bonnie. Even so, it makes your bike look excellent.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
On 2006-11-27 13:53, sweatmachine wrote:

The only other 68 stuff I've seen I like is on Bonafide's bonnethrux combo.
Yup - I have the 68' silver side covers ... and a silver cowl for my Thrux seat. I almost forgotten what it looked like with fenders. Never seen fork gaiters on a silver - making me seriously think about getting em for an addition during the winter months.

Nice bike George ...

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Whoa....
Nice, classy, and upscale in an understated way.
VERY nice, the WHOLE package is really quite handsome.

and That's 68 stuff?!?!?

·
Premium Member
11,832 Posts
I was thinking it'd be cool to get the tank cover and painting it, but like you said...$$$ on top of $$$.

It would be neat if they'd sell blanks in gelcoat we could paint...to change with the mood and all. Pinup girls on one, skulls and dice on the other...

Brent! develop some!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey Cape....

That is a nice looking bike. I am no crazy about the Union Jack Flag,but I am from Texas , what do I know?.The silver is cool. And It's a Bonnie, so there you go.
Jeff :cool:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys for all the positive replies. Really appreciate it. So far I'm really enjoying the bike a lot and you don't see too many of them around here. Next on my list is to get some bags and maybe different handlebars. I'm hoping Mrs. Santa goes to the newbonneville website I put under her favorites because I could sure use some luggage brackets!

:-D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Your bike looks awesome George! I really like the tank cover. If it comes in a different color or pattern thats goes well with a black bonnie - I am definitely getting one!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
...I've considered getting the exact same shell to cover the dings in my tank. I'm just not sure it would look good on my all black bonnie. Even so, it makes your bike look excellent.

Cheers,

Rich
Rich,

Are you kiddin? That would look soo-WEET on black. It would blend in even better than on silver IMO.

No offense George... yours looks good, for sure. But, did you consider how it might look like w/ knee pads as well? It might add a little more of that 'Classic Triumph' look to it!?!?!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I was thinking it'd be cool to get the tank cover and painting it, but like you said...$$$ on top of $$$.

It would be neat if they'd sell blanks in gelcoat we could paint...to change with the mood and all. Pinup girls on one, skulls and dice on the other...

Brent! develop some!
That's a downright outstanding idea! Yes, Brent...what do you say? I bet there would a serious market for that. I know that I'd buy one, or two or three. Hey, it could be akin to having a new bike every week of the month!!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are you kiddin? That would look soo-WEET on black. It would blend in even better than on silver IMO.
Hmmm...you maybe right. I think that I'll have to look into doing that. Note to self: oh no, now you've got another modification idea to muse over. (;

1 - 20 of 20 Posts