Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So met up with some folks last week for an annual ride. 100 miles to the hotel where we based out of. Put new Pirelli Rosso III’s on before the ride. This was the my first inkling that the stock seat is not very good. Bike handled fine and the power delivery was very nice and fairly smooth. Slight buzz in the bars but not horrible. Stock peg position felt comfortable with the balls of my feet on the pegs. The next day was a 330 mile loop. This confirmed that the stock seat pretty much sucks for me, the sides hitting me square in the hamstrings and the rise to the pillion hitting me in the tailbone. Only when we were in the twisty parts where I could slide part way off the seat was the seat not a problem. So this winter will be searching for a replacement. Taking any suggestions from anyone with an aftermarket seat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Haven't heard of any decent aftermarket seats yet for this bike.. I'm also interested. Stocker pushes my nether regions right into the tank. Stompgrip tank pads help, but yeah it could be a lot better.

·
Premium Member
8,638 Posts
Start a conversation with Spencer.

http://www.greatdaytoride.com/

Since we are still in "riding season" in the North, he not be so busy he doesn't reply fairly quickly. He did a great job on my seat, but all I wanted was the forward cant eliminated as much as possible. He's very realistic about what he can and can't do and unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of working room with our seats. He also believes if you can tell he's worked on your seat, he hasn't done his job. His work on my seat cost all of $75, but you do have to pay for shipping both ways. Even with that, I think it was well worth it. I've done 400 mile days both before and after he worked on my seat. I won't say all the issues of being on what is almost a sport bike saddle for that many miles in a day were eliminated, but the improvement was very noticeable and very welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bring it to an upholstery place nearby and ask them to flatten out the slope with more foam and add some to the side. If you want to keep the stock cover you won't be able to add more than half an inch of padding but I think that's the perfect amount to add. Had the same problem as you described and was able to go on a 4,000 mile trip this summer with no issues. It will never be as comfy as a touring seat but a huge improvement over stock and definitely cheaper than ordering a Sargent or Corbin seat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start a conversation with Spencer.

http://www.greatdaytoride.com/

Since we are still in "riding season" in the North, he not be so busy he doesn't reply fairly quickly. He did a great job on my seat, but all I wanted was the forward cant eliminated as much as possible. He's very realistic about what he can and can't do and unfortunately, he doesn't have a lot of working room with our seats. He also believes if you can tell he's worked on your seat, he hasn't done his job. His work on my seat cost all of $75, but you do have to pay for shipping both ways. Even with that, I think it was well worth it. I've done 400 mile days both before and after he worked on my seat. I won't say all the issues of being on what is almost a sport bike saddle for that many miles in a day were eliminated, but the improvement was very noticeable and very welcome.
Hmmmmm...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts