Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 03 TT600 that when I come to a stop, when I'm slowing down in 1st gear it makes a clicking sound and feels like it kicks forward a little bit... any advice? also it's got a oh so slight ticking sound (super quiet). it's got 11k on it and I know it's getting a valve job in 1k miles, but should I still be concerned? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I dont know what to tell you about the 1st gear issue... but I can tell you that the slight clickingnoise is most likely your Fuel Injection. Any time you ride, try to concentrate on the sounds your bike makes and you will hear it all the time.... when I first got my S4 it made me crazy for a bit until I realized what it was and everyone on here told me the same thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've got a 03 TT600 that when I come to a stop, when I'm slowing down in 1st gear it makes a clicking sound and feels like it kicks forward a little bit... any advice? also it's got a oh so slight ticking sound (super quiet). it's got 11k on it and I know it's getting a valve job in 1k miles, but should I still be concerned? Thanks
Do you wear earplugs? Best advice I ever got regarding odd, quiet noises from a bike!!

Seriously now, the ticking could simply be the magnetic pick-up from the speedo on the front wheel. Mine has been "quietly ticking" since new (2002, now with 19k miles) with no problem.

As for the "kicking" forward - have you tried pulling in the clutch a bit sooner when slowing down (sorry if I'm stating the obvious)? It could simply be drive-chain lash because the bike is going slower than the speed the engine wants to drive it at (given revs/gear ratio). It may also be a sign of worm cush-drive rubbers - but I defer to more experienced posters on that score!

·
Super Moderator
8,838 Posts
The cush drive does indeed wear out. It's a little disconcerting. I may have cush drive problems on the 675 right now, made worse by a balky aftermarket throttle cable. Trying to improve a Triumph doesn't always work too well. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts