Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I just picked up a '99 Trophy 1200, and while I was looking for an r1150 GS... I must say I love this bike! This is my first "adult bike" with my previous being an '02 KLR. I was looking for something to go back and forth to work on, as well as day-trips with my wife. I only picked it up Saturday, but so far I am very impressed with it. its in excellent shape for a '99 and the previous owner threw in a surprise Triumph branded tank bag upon deliver. it seems to have plenty of power and I think after getting comfortable we will both have blast going places from our home base here in Prescott, AZ. I was directed here nay a fellow member of the ADV Rider forum. looking forward to learning about this new machine!
IMG_20200523_103300.jpg

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
What a beauty! My first Triumph was a '96 Trophy 1200. I loved that bike. The sprag clutch let go one day; I didn't realize it and kept riding (it started). The sprag disintegrated while at speed and the motor did not enjoy the extra metal flying around inside it. It was a known weak point that was corrected in the later models. At any rate, keep your battery fully charged (a weak battery can cause the sprag to engage and then rapidly disengage while starting, causing the loss of a tooth or two) and you should enjoy many more years on that beautiful beast. I know many riders with more than 100,000 miles on their Trophy 4 motors. Seeing yours makes me want to find another...

·
Super Moderator
2,241 Posts
Hello, welcome to the site. I hope you find this Triumph site to be a great place to meet and talk all Triumph bikes with a great bunch of riders.

Everyone here is very willing to help with any issues or concerns with your bike. This is really a great bunch of riders very willing to help other riders.

Cruise around the different sections and find where you fit comfortably. There are tech sections for each of the many models of Triumphs and chat sections for the same. Also we have a great classifieds section that is well worth checking out.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the “Biker Hang-Out” Chat Section will be the place to stop in.

If you haven't already please fill out your profile. It helps others to know what you ride and where on the planet you are located.

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining the Triumph Rat Family.

Here is a link to the rules of the site and the classifieds. I recommend that you take a few minutes to read through them.

Acceptable Use Policy

Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)

Classified Ad Rules - Read first before placing Ad
https://www.triumphrat.net/threads/classifieds-rules.578169/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts