Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at threads on center stands for a 99 TBS. It seems that dealers don't have them anymore. Once in a blue moon they show up on Ebay. Sprint has them in the UK for over $300. Has any one modified another center stand that is readily available? If so, what model. I have access to a sheet metal,welding shop, so modification could be done.
Thanks

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,793 Posts
Any of the Thunderbird ones will bolt up.

The early TBS one is longer and also not symmetrical in order to clear the exhaust on the right side. I am sure one of the regular Tbird ones could be modified to work.

BUT if you value your time $300 sounds pretty cheap to me. None of the Classic Triple ones are readily available, except for the pattern ones that are made by Sprint.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've been looking at threads on center stands for a 99 TBS. It seems that dealers don't have them anymore. Once in a blue moon they show up on Ebay. Sprint has them in the UK for over $300. Has any one modified another center stand that is readily available? If so, what model. I have access to a sheet metal,welding shop, so modification could be done.
Thanks

Bill
I have one. Came off a '99 TBS. I believe I have all the hardware with it needed to install it. Thought I could put it on my 2000 TBS, but it hits the left exhaust not present on your '99. $300 + shipping?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts