Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone out there recommend a good after market clutch for 99 Daytona, or should I stick with a genuine one ?

cheers
Bill :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Barnett makes a great replacement set. Get the friction and metal plates from Barnett but the anti-jutter plate in the middle is a dealer only item.

My D12 clutch replacement album...http://www.triumphrat.net/photogallery/v/scrapbook/Clutch-Replacement/

The clutch on my bike went bang at 60,000 miles. I also replaced the stock springs with Barnett's clutch springs, a bit stiffer but makes the lever action a lot more crisp.

dc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DC
I found a supplier for the barnett rings etc. Half the price of the genuine Triumph clutch, which about $900 where I live.
Are you running semi synthetic or full synthetic oil ?
How many miles have you done with the barnett rings?
Sorry to be a pest, I have only owned this bike for a month and I don't know anyone who owns a Triumph.
I'll checkout your links

thanks again
BB

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
BB,
I'm running a synthetic blend (half & half) and have done so for the entire life of the bike which now has 77,000 miles on the clock. I've got 17,000 on the Barnett parts with no problems.

Glad to answer any questions you have about D12's. Bought mine used in '98 with 942 miles on it so I've pretty much owned it since new.

dc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts