Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,
This is my 1st post on this forum. I have owned 3 Triumphs over recent years. 2002 600TT, 2004 955 Daytona & 2010 Speed Triple. I am currently investigating a 1998 T595 Daytona & was looking for some feed back on the pros & cons of this particular model. Can anyone offer their views as to whether I should go down this track as I am looking at it as a project to bring back up to "as new" condition if possible & use it as a weekend rider. Currently has 54,000kms on the clock & appears in reasonable shape, but I don't want to buy trouble if I can avoid it.

Look forward to reading the replies.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Should be ok with the 98. Avoid the 97 though. If you buy it log the vin number with Triumph to make sure all the recalls are done. One of which was the plastic petrol taps. Have a look around on triumphtorque.net as well

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Welcome. I have a '98 T595. Bought the bike from the orig. owner in 2010. The bike had less than 8Kmiles on the clock. Very well cared for. I have some recent stalling issues with mine, but I'm 3K beyond the 12K service, so needs some attention. No issues beyond that. Old bikes can have old air/fuel hoses that may need to be replaced. Depending upon what needs to be dealt with, body parts can be hard to come by as well as aftermarket part support. Some control items are used on other brands as well, so that's another route to take in rehabing an older bike. Service items however, are readily available. Peruse the Daytona forum, lots of info there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback guys, I will keep them in mind when a have a closer inspection of the bike over the weekend.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Have you had any issues since you got it, I presume its up & running now?
Nothing more than the usual maintenance or lack there off like fork seals etc.
Still got some things to do but i'll leave them till the weather stops me from riding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Members;
I have a 1997 955 Daytona in Perfect condition. 600 miles! Runs perfectly. Many custom features, windshield, exhaust, snakeskin seat,etc, all original parts boxed. Color is the mustard/yellow. Was wondering what this bike is worth to a collector or interested party?
Thank you,Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts