Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, could somebody please help, I am putting back 2gether what had been a very badly looked after 1996 Thunderbird, It is fitted with Mikuni Carbs. (they were easy to put back on, not!) anyway the three rubber pipes that are fitted to the carbs I am unsure where they go. Working as though u r seated on the bike and the carbs are left to right. I have a pipe between no 1 and 2 and one between 2 and 3 all at the top. Also a pipe between 2 and 3 at the bottom. I do not have a manual nor another bike to compare with. I also do not have a shop I can just pop down to as I live in Spain, nothing is ever easy is it!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

many thanks

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
The two top ones are vents, not connected to anything & normally just routed back over the airbox. The lower one between 2 & 3 is the fuel line up to the tap. Note this last one has a 'duck bill' fuel filter inserted in the carb connector which you should pull out & check is clean while you've the carbs off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The two top ones are vents, not connected to anything & normally just routed back over the airbox. The lower one between 2 & 3 is the fuel line up to the tap. Note this last one has a 'duck bill' fuel filter inserted in the carb connector which you should pull out & check is clean while you've the carbs off.

You have just made my day, thanks very much for the time and effort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts