Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Name's Alex, a couple years ago I got on my uncle's bike for the first time and realized that it was time to jump in to this world with both feet.

A few months later I had stopped into my local Triumph/BMW/Husqvarna dealer and saw what became my baby, a 1st gen Trophy 1200 with some minor laydown damage (scuffed fairing/bar end) and 24k miles for $2000.

It took a bit more money than I expected, but it's running much better now with a new air box and front brakes.

Previous owner did a bunch of random jury-rigging with the wiring, cut a hole in the fairing so he could mount a GPS unit, and removed OE indicators (front and back) with some craptastic aftermarket options. All of these things will hopefully be corrected this winter.

I joined up hoping to mine these forums for tips and tricks and to hopefully get some help when I inevitably melt down after disassembly/realization that I'm in way over my head. Any advice on Trophy modification/adaptation is welcome and appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

There is lots of information to be found here. Good luck with your Trophy, those are great motorcycles!

Cheers!
Thanks! I've been clicking around and already have some great ideas for the future. I saw someone's streetfighter-style Trophy that looks totally badass, I'm looking to have a bit more bodywork on mine when all is said and done but as far as inspiration goes, I'm definitely excited to be here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Sounds like you're doing some good work. I've got a Trophy too, bit it's a bit newer.

Go Bucks!
Quite a bit newer!

And let's just hope everyone keeps picking each other off in NCAAF so everyone forgets about OSU's little snafu against VaTech.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Quite a bit newer!

And let's just hope everyone keeps picking each other off in NCAAF so everyone forgets about OSU's little snafu against VaTech.
Too bad about that loss to VT. The kid is coming along at QB and the Bucks are a much better team now than they were two months ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts