Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought it this summer with 16,000 miles. Had race tech front springs put in=great improvement. Rear shock seems sacked, preload and the other adjustment on full. What is a source for rear shock or is it rebuildable? I-90 motorscport triumph dealer was no help and said to find it on my own,after a $1500 tire change and full service tune and front end work bill. And any suggestions for a Triumph dealer that cares in Washington state?

·
29,948 Posts
That sucks - I hate getting blown off by dealers that way.

Have you checked our site sponsors? British Customs might have something - I can't believe progressive and Ikon don't have replacement shocks for the Trophy. Take a look at their website and see if they have anything www.british-customs.com

If not them, maybe try www.denniskirk.com

Can't help you with dealers, but I saw a post in Bikers Hang out that mentioned cycle barn, who I think are in that general direction, but not totally sure of their location.

Might want to check out our dealers forum, under general to see if anyone has posted positive comments about anyone there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Longdistance,
Dave Quinn is U.S. Hagon Dealer: http://www.davequinnmotorcycles.com/.
I have the Hagon on my "96" Sprint, which is the same as the Trophy and I like it, of course it came with the bike.

Glenn

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll contact the Hagon dealer tomorrow

the Triumph dealer here charged me 1/2 hour labor to adjust the rear shock by turning the preload and the remote adjuster. Seemed high.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Longdistance, If you get a chance,check out Howard at Champion Cycle in Bellingham.Triumph only dealer who knows his $hit.When you go up there,you'll see what I mean.Totally unlike I-90.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts