Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike: 1995 T309, single headlight, The Orange One

My issue: I went out for a ride yesterday, bike started fine and rode fine. Got home, turn off the bike using the key, got off to open the garage door. Got back on the bike to pull into the garage, turned the key, pushed the start button and there was a "click" and now absolutely nothing happens.

When I turn the key the headlight doesn't come on and none of the guage lights or indicator lights turn on. It's totally dead.

I checked the battery connection of the cables to the battery terminals and they are tight and fine. Checked the fuses, all are fine.

Any thoughts on where I can check for a problem? Since there is No life at all from any of the electrical items it seems to be an electric problem, but don't know where to start to look.

Input would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,678 Posts
Bad earth to frame ? Are all the wires ok that curve aound the headstock, sometimes it can wear through there, try lock to lock with the ignition on to see if it's a dodgy connection etc

Cheers
Mot

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dead Electrics

If the obvious things like kill switches are Ok I think I'd be hauling out the battery for test and or recharge.

Good luck - KiwiGeoff:mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts