Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1994 Ducati 900SS Partners Thruxton

I finally wore down my chum down after years of me trying to prise this beautiful half faired mint condition 900SS. He had owned it for 13 years and only ever used it during the summer months. He finally decided to sell it due to increasing problems with his hands and wrists. The bike has been fastidiously maintained over the last 13 years, but has not been ridden for 18 months. He has no comfort problems riding his Kawasaki 2002 W650 and 1953 Matchless 500.

A perfect partner for my Thruxton.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I finally wore down my chum down after years of me trying to prise this beautiful half faired mint condition 900SS. He had owned it for 13 years and only ever used it during the summer months. He finally decided to sell it due to increasing problems with his hands and wrists. The bike has been fastidiously maintained over the last 13 years, but has not been ridden for 18 months. He has no comfort problems riding his Kawasaki 2002 W650 and 1953 Matchless 500.

A perfect partner for my Thruxton.

Rob , that bike is pure sex. One of my personal favorites.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I spent many hours in the saddle of my friends 900ss in the mid 90s. Handles great. You need to keep the motor between 6k and 9k and row the shifter to make rapid progress through. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I spent many hours in the saddle of my friends 900ss in the mid 90s. Handles great. You need to keep the motor between 6k and 9k and row the shifter to make rapid progress through. Enjoy.
It will be on the road from 1st July as its not taxed yet. I'm not sure 9K is needed as peak power is said to be at 7,250. I think using the mid-range could be most effective. The waiting is almost over, so I'll soon know.

·
Registered
404 Posts
V. nice indeed Rob - how do you like the noise of the dry clutch? Drowned out by the pipes?
I want one of the older Mike Hailwood replica's but they're pretty hard to come by!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
V. nice indeed Rob - how do you like the noise of the dry clutch? Drowned out by the pipes?
I want one of the older Mike Hailwood replica's but they're pretty hard to come by!
Here's a teaser for you:

Saw it this past weekend at the Bikes on the Bay show in Capitola.
According to the know-it-alls standing next to the bike at the time those pictures were taken the owner lives up in San Francisco. So earlier that day it had less than 800 miles on it.
I like how those bikes can accommodate a passenger. I wish my PS1000 could.

Ducati does it right (for the most part).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Here's a teaser for you:
Saw it this past weekend at the Bikes on the Bay show in Capitola.
According to the know-it-alls standing next to the bike at the time those pictures were taken the owner lives up in San Francisco. So earlier that day it had less than 800 miles on it.
I like how those bikes can accommodate a passenger. I wish my PS1000 could.

Ducati does it right (for the most part).
800 miles!!!!!! Sonuvvabyatch!
Now that is what I'm talking about!!! Besides the bike that sits in my garage, of course, that one right there is my all-time favourite and Mike the Bike was my hero too!
Wonder if the owner would sell it and what he would sell it for?
Thanks Blackstar - you see any of them for sale you let me know pronto!:D

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
800 miles!!!!!! Sonuvvabyatch!
Now that is what I'm talking about!!! Besides the bike that sits in my garage, of course, that one right there is my all-time favourite and Mike the Bike was my hero too!
Wonder if the owner would sell it and what he would sell it for?
Thanks Blackstar - you see any of them for sale you let me know pronto!:D
Will do sir.
You know, with as few miles as are on the bike, I'll bet the owner wouldn't mind letting it go; he obviously hates riding it. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts