Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I found a free download on the net for a workshop manual triumph part # 99-0983 for T140 E and V model bikes up to 1978, would this be accurate enough for working on a 1979 T140D???

I am able to find the correct parts manuals for my bike 99-7102 and 99-7113 supplement, have to buy these though (all offers of free parts manuals excepted greatfully!)

Thoughts,

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
A T140V workshop manual will describe the majority of the bike adequately, but there were a large number of changes around 1979, e.g. The T140D (and E from 1979) had a different cylinder head with Amal Mk2 carbs, electronic (RITA) ignition, -ve earth wiring, changes to the swinging arm and rear brake caliper mounting, Veglia instruments etc.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that Daveforty glad i didnt print out the T140E manual then, you wouldnt happen to know the correct Triumph manual part # for my bike at all? Or is it a case of buying a manual for a T140V and calling it good?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Caulky an Daveforty for the info, will pick up 99-7059 from one of the vendors suggested between the one i have an this one should be good.

Cheers John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts