Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Hi,
need to find out if I could get longer banjo bolts to fit two hoses to the master cylinder
Wonderful thing, the Goodridge online shop ... Jic Double Banjo Bolt | Goodridge ...

not sure I'd trust myself to make them.
If you can work a hacksaw or Dremel cut-off wheel and spanners, you can make 'em; Goodridge 600 hose, "reusable" end fittings and those (originally Goodridge) destructions are the closest thing to foolproof I know.

Or Goodridge Buildaline.

Hth.

Regards,

· Registered
3,815 Posts
I'd need to find out if I could get longer banjo bolts to fit two hoses to the master cylinder
If you only want one hose from the master cylinder, you could feed only one brake caliper, then substitute the bleed nipple for a hose fitting, a crossover hose/pipe could then be made to feed the second caliper from the first.

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
If you only want one hose from the master cylinder, you could feed only one brake caliper, then substitute the bleed nipple for a hose fitting, a crossover hose/pipe could then be made to feed the second caliper from the first.
True that's the other option & quite neat.
Or again, a longer banjo & both hoses onto the one calliper which is how I think my Honda is done. Shows how often I need to fix it, that I can't remember how it's plumbed after near 3 years of looking after it.

· Banned
1,265 Posts
You'll think the idea rubbish. ... You could remove one disc.

Looks very clean the side with no disc, more vintage, see the spokes in full.

With my EBC HH pads I've never dared brake as hard as possible even in practice emergency stops; don't feel like sailing over the bars. No fork wobble (the mudguard bracket is fitted).

· Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Hi,
quite neat.
Hmmm ... beauty, eye, beholder ... :cool:

However, if you really think this is "neat", no need to lose one caliper's bleed nipple; if you look at Goodridge's Buildaline, there's at least one type of "banjo adapter" that can be 'stacked' and secured to the caliper's standard inlet with a double banjo bolt.

I drilled and tapped the bottom slab yoke, the two bottom hoses join underneath the yoke, similar to what is in your photo, the brake fluid then flows through drilled passage in the yoke to the to the top side, where the hose going to the master cylinder is connected.
My T160's with twin discs have something not wholly dissimilar.

For his T160-based "Legend", Les Williams made a 'crossover pipe' that fitted under the lower yoke, attached to the two stanchion pinch bolts; one braided hose runs from each end of the 'crossover pipe' to the caliper beneath; a third braided hose runs from one end of the 'crossover pipe' to the master cylinder. Les sold this to owners of ordinary triples, only the 'crossover pipe'-to-master cylinder hose length depended on individual handlebars.

Les modified the 'crossover pipes' he sold to me with a fourth outlet, that I use to mount a standard '79-on pressure switch to work the brake lamp.

L.P. Williams still sell either the whole kit or just the crossover pipe, the current version secures the hoses to the ends with banjos and bolts.

Hth.

Regards,

· Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
You'll think the idea rubbish. ... You could remove one disc.

Looks very clean the side with no disc, more vintage, see the spokes in full.

With my EBC HH pads I've never dared brake as hard as possible even in practice emergency stops; don't feel like sailing over the bars. No fork wobble (the mudguard bracket is fitted).
Don't be silly! I like the fact it'll stop like a modern when asked and I prefer the twin disc looks anyway.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts