Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
There is an offset but it's pretty hard to measure when everything is on the bike. Wouldn't you be better to assemble everything on the axle between the swing arms and center from that?

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Taken from Triumph Workshop Manual Part #99-7059 published May 1982 which covers the T140E among other bikes.

"Rear wheel rim offset 2.920" measured from the sprocket abutment face to the centre of the rim."

I believe T140V and T140E disc brakes used the same offsets. However be aware the 76/77 Triumphs used a lighter gauge spoke than the later bikes. So if you are using stock rims you may wind up with a heavier spoke which will require drilling the rim. Also if you are using spokes from Buchannon contact them direct as I believe their spokes us a different offset

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Kadutz, that is probably what I was looking for, my manual for t140v/ e published in 84 does not mention that at all.
I have Buchanan spokes and an excell rim the spokes are 10g the rim is drilled for the offset however the hub needed a quick whiz with a dremmel to accomodate the larger spoke, the spokes have 4 different bends and two throat sizes, on your advice I will contact Bukes but I think thats it...you couldnt scan that for me could you,btw nice bike colection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts