Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’ve ordered a new stator and a new oil pump as all the oil has drained from bike since having primary case off , so friend reckoned pump is passing as it the oil should not be flowing through while bike is stood stationary. He recommended I buy a morgo oil pump which I have .

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have fitted the stator and can run a 8thou feeler gauge all the way around . So I’m taking it that that is ok?
To fit the oil pump on other side I cannot get the rotor off my wassel electronic ignition , which means I cannot get casing off. Any ideas how to remove rotor ? It has two small threaded holes on it .

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Started first kick, sparking great on both sides, but not firing on both cylinders, both coils are giving good readings , primary and secondary, so I have taken carbs in for ultrasonic cleaning, and will take it from there . All your input has been a massive learning curve to me. Any sane person would have sold the bike by now. With you guys onboard I have nearly rebuilt this gorgeous Bonneville from scratch and I knew ZERO about bikes when I started . This bonneville is my dream bike from being a teenager and I love it so much. Just wanted to let you guys out there know how VERY much appreciated your knowledge and input means to me , and not just me, all budding enthusiasts and lovers of motorbikes.
I salute you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.