Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that I do not have to use a triumph specific cylinder, I was just wondering what I should look for to make it work? I just basically want a low-profile design cylinder... Thanks!

Luke

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciatted. Just wondering what specifications I should look for in a new master cylinder. Thanks so much,

·
Super Moderator
12,455 Posts
Almost anything will work.

How EFFECTIVE it is cannot be kinown 'till you try it.

Many of the newer master cylinders are constructed following a design that results in the upward angle of the reservoir's cap (relative to the handlebar it's mounted on) being wrong for old style bars; they are designed for modern bikes with generally downswept bars.

Go to a local Japanese / multi-brand dealership and see what they might have on the shelf. Nissin and/or Tokiko are inexpensive.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for that. I see what I really need to look for now. I didn't really understand how that worked, but I believe it makes sense now. It seems that I am basically wanting to keep the resevoir level on the bars.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I have a 13mm Brembo and it works great on my T140.Whatever brand you get ,make sure it's 13 mm....that gives a good master/ slave ratio and gives good performance and feel.
Oh and replace the wierd stock front line(s) setup with a piece of braided stainless hose if you havent already.Have the chrome stripped off the disc and add some modern brake pads and you'll have some darned good brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts