Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at this bike. The owner is asking $2500CDN. Going to see it is an all day effort but I would like to know if the price is reasonable. First off I can see it will need a front fender.

I am a bit of a gearhead – rebuilt aircooled VWs and a Japanese bike in the past but never owned a British bike so the maintenance doesn’t put me off.

Just looking for some opinions.

Thanks
David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Hi David,
I have no idea of the value of triumphs in your part of the world but I've had a look at the photo and can tell you what is missing or not original, maybe some use if you want to haggle over the price a little :)

1) Rear Tail Light Non original (not a bad thing in my opinion)
2) Rear Grab Rail Missing.
3) Non original exhaust system (both headers & mufflers)
4) Trim strip missing from seat.
5) Front fender missing (as you said)
6) Centre stand missing (check the mounting points on the frame)
7) Low UK spec handlebars (again not a bad thing but the cables are too long)

Personally, I like the look of it, looks like it could do a little work, but thats part of the fun of an old triumph.

Let us know what you decide :)

Webby

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks kind of mean and tasty to me...
yeah, that is how it looks to me too, I think that is part of what the appeal to me. Other than it being traditional and non-plastic :)

·
Premium Member
2,895 Posts
Forgot to say all the parts are available new off the shelf at half the price of the parts for a new plastic crutch rocket :)

Webby

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
looks nice . i'd check that kickstand . make sure the mount on the frame isn't cracked . not a deal breaker but it looks like it's leaning alot even with that block under it .

cheers , Woody

1 - 6 of 6 Posts